As Stephanie McMahon takes time off from WWE, the company has posted a job opening for a Director of Brand and Marketing. The company posted an opening for the executive position on Tuesday.
It has been reported that Nick Khan will take over many of McMahon’s direct duties. The position of director is obviously inferior to the role of chief brand officer from which McMahon took leave. The list is described as follows:
The Director of Brand and Marketing will be a significant contributor to the growth and success of WWE Premium Live Events, WWE Linear Programming and the WWE Brand. This professional will lead cross-functional promotional plans for events such as WrestleMania, Royal Rumble and SummerSlam, supporting creative execution across linear, social, digital and OTT platforms. In addition, the Marketing Director will contribute to the development of overall WWE brand assets and oversee the execution of WWE brand campaigns on WWE social media accounts. Creative ideation, attention to detail, marketing acumen, strategic thinking, problem solving and the ability to pivot quickly are essential. The candidate should thrive in a supportive team environment that values collaboration, innovation and leadership.
* Lead promotional planning for WWE Premium Live events and internal milestones
* Coordinate the inputs and activities of multiple internal stakeholders including media/production team, creative services, communications, entertainment relations, community, etc.
* Manage paid media agency relationships in support of Premium Live Events, track budgets, and lead reporting and optimization
* Access, analyze and disseminate internal and third-party research to improve WWE messaging, creative and promotional tactics
* Create clear and concise presentations that track promotional tactics across events and clearly indicate supporting plans, creative consistency and business objectives
* Brief, review and approve promotional creative (video, static, etc.), ensuring impactful messaging for WWE fans and consistency with WWE brand and event guidelines
* Support for additional WWE activations around Premium Live broadcasts, ensuring fan awareness and smooth site execution
* Lead internal and external meetings with clear agendas and collaborative conversation
* Minimum of 6-8 years of related experience, preferably in a league/team, media/creative agency, media company, or brand/property marketing organization
* Experience with a combination of any of the following: league or event sponsorship, digital/social media, linear or OTT, experiential, custom production, talent rights/endorsements
* Demonstrated experience in understanding the relationship between brand marketing objectives and the cross-platform media offerings needed to help drive and achieve a brand’s business goals/results
* Ability to create cohesive 360 marketing programs
* Understanding of social media dynamics, paid media tactics and reporting
* Experience designing and writing PowerPoint presentations
* Comfort with ideation in collaboration or as an individual
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate clearly both in writing and orally
* Demonstrated ability to stay organized and prioritize in an extremely fast paced environment
* Passionate, driven and personally responsible with commanding presence and energy
* Experience in leading and coaching a team, an asset
* Ability to travel domestically for WWE events and production; approximately. once a month
* Bachelor’s degree required